Heater Repair In Irving, Fort Worth, Dallas, TX and Surrounding Areas
Heating your home is essential during the colder months, and there are a few different ways to do so. Some people prefer a heating system connected to their home’s central HVAC system, while others opt for stand-alone heaters that can move from room to room as needed. Contact us today for Heater Repair In Irving, Fort Worth, Dallas, TX, and Surrounding Areas.
Choosing Your Heater
The most common forms of heating that people use are heat pumps and furnaces. Heat pumps take heat from the air outside and transfer it inside, while furnaces create heat through combustion. Both of these methods are effective, but each has pros and cons.
Heat pumps are generally more energy-efficient than furnaces but can be less reliable in freezing weather. Furnaces are usually less expensive to install than heat pumps, but they also tend to be slightly less energy-efficient.
When choosing a heating system for your home, it’s essential to consider your climate and budget. Heat pumps are a good choice for homes in moderate climates, while furnaces are better suited for colder climates.
If you need help deciding which heating system is right for your home, call Aval Air Conditioning & Heating today! We offer installation and heater repair services in Irving, TX, as well as maintenance, tune-ups, and replacements.
Issues To Look Out For In Your System
Repairs are common when you use your heating system frequently. It’s important to know the common issues so that you can understand what to look for when issues arise.
Common Furnace Problems
- The furnace does not receive power: Sometimes, the problem is as simple as a blown a fuse or a tripped circuit breaker. If this is the case, you should be able to reset the breaker or replace the fuse and resolve the issue. However, if the problem persists, it could indicate a more serious electrical problem. Contact our experts to get your furnace back up and running quickly!
- The furnace produces too much noise: If your furnace makes strange noises, it could be due to a loose part. Sometimes, you may be able to tighten the part to resolve the issue. There are several reasons the sounds would be happening though. To correctly diagnose it, call our professionals for heater repair in Irving, TX.
- Pilot Light or Ignition Issues: If your furnace is not igniting, it could be due to a problem with the pilot light or ignition system. These systems can be complex, so it’s best to call our technicians for help if you’re having trouble getting your furnace started.
Common Heat Pump Problems
- The heat pump doesn’t run: If your heat pump doesn’t turn on, the first thing you should check is the thermostat. Make sure it’s turned to the “heat” setting and the temperature is higher than the current room temperature. Sometimes the issue is that simple.
- Improper Cycles: If your heat pump cycles on and off more frequently than usual, it could be due to a clogged air filter. A clogged filter restricts airflow and causes the heat pump to work harder than necessary. Replacing the filter should resolve the issue.
- Frozen coils: Frozen coils are a common problem in heat pumps. This can happen when the coils get too cold, usually caused by restricted airflow. Replacing the air filter and cleaning the coils can often resolve this issue.
Of course, if you’re unable to resolve your heat pump problems with those simple repairs, you’ll need to contact a professional. Book an appointment with the experts at Aval Air Conditioning & Heating for heater repairs in Irving, TX, today! We’ll diagnose the problem and have your heater operating properly right away.
We also offer 24/7 repair services as we know your heater doesn’t always break down during normal business hours. Call us today!