AC Maintenance In Irving, Fort Worth, Dallas, TX and Surrounding Areas
Your AC unit needs your attention throughout the year. Maintaining your AC unit will improve efficiency and keep your family comfortable during the hottest summer days. Spring is the perfect time to service your AC unit and prepare it for the warm weather.
Maintenance You Can Do!
You may think most of the maintenance can only be done by a professional. Although you should get your AC unit serviced by a professional every year, there are some things you can do to maintain it between those visits.
- Trim around the AC unit: The first step is to trim any foliage around the unit. This includes shrubs, grass, and weeds. You want at least two feet of clearance on all sides of the unit. This allows proper airflow and prevents debris from getting inside the unit and clogging it.
- Inspect the AC unit: Once the area around the unit is clear, you can inspect the unit itself. Check for any damage to the exterior of the unit. This can include cracks in the housing, loose wiring, or bent fins on the coils. Contact Aval Air Conditioning & Heating if you notice any major problems with your unit.
- Clean off condenser unit: The next step is to clean the condenser coils. These are the big, black coils on the outside of the unit. The function of the condenser is to pull air in; naturally, debris will cling to the exterior.
They get dirty over time and need to be cleaned to work properly. You can use a brush or a garden hose with a nozzle attachment to clean them off. Be sure to turn off the power to the unit before you start cleaning.
- Check air filters: This is one of the easiest AC maintenance tasks you can do in Irving, TX. Your air filters should be replaced frequently during the summer. If they are clogged, it can cause your unit to work harder and use more energy.
- Set temperatures on the thermostat: When you are not using the AC, you can set the thermostat to a lower temperature or turn it off. This will cause less wear and tear over the years and save you money.
You can do these five things yourself throughout the year to keep your AC unit in top condition.
Professional AC Maintenance in Irving, TX
When you schedule an annual maintenance appointment with our professionals at Aval Air Conditioning & Heating, our professionals will do a complete checkup of the system to ensure everything is running smoothly. This will help your unit last for many years.
Professional maintenance will include:
- Cleaning the coils: Our professionals will use a special solution to clean the coils. This will remove any dirt, dust, or debris clinging to them.
- Checking for leaks: Our technicians will also check for any leaks in the system. These can be detrimental to your unit and cause it to use more energy. If leaks are found, we will be able to set up a time to repair your AC unit.
- Lubricating the moving parts: We will also lubricate all of the moving parts in your unit. This includes the fans, blowers, and compressors. This will help your unit run more smoothly and prevent any parts from wearing down.
- Checking the refrigerant levels: Our professionals will also check the refrigerant levels in your unit. This is important because it helps keep your unit cool. If the levels are low, it can cause your unit to work harder and use more energy, and it likely indicates a leak.
If you need professional AC maintenance in Irving, TX, book an appointment with Aval Air Conditioning & Heating! Regular maintenance will keep you comfortable in your home and give your AC unit a longer lifespan. Contact us today!