AC Repair In Irving, Fort Worth, Dallas, TX and Surrounding Areas
AC repairs are pretty normal, especially if you haven’t serviced your AC in a while. When you need a repair, you should contact a professional like our experts at Aval Air Conditioning & Heating; we’ll be able to address any issue that may arise. Contact us today for AC Repair In Irving, Fort Worth, Dallas, TX and Surrounding Areas.
There are many types of AC repairs in Irving, TX. However, there are common signs to look for that will help you understand what repairs you might need. Some of these can be easily fixed but if you ignore these repairs, they can become expensive and time-consuming.
Common AC Issues
- Thermostat Issues: If your AC isn’t cooling properly, it may be due to a problem with the thermostat. Check whether the batteries need to be changed or the thermostat is set properly. If the thermostat isn’t reading, you should try resetting it. That usually includes rotating the switch to the “Off” position and then back to “On.” However, that process may look different depending on your thermostat.
- Refrigerant Leaks: Another common issue is when your AC starts leaking refrigerant. If this happens, it’s essential to immediately contact a professional as this can be dangerous. A leaky AC will not only stop cooling properly but can also damage your system. Call Aval Air Conditioning & Heating right away if you think you have a leak!
- Clogged Filters: When the filters in your AC unit become clogged, they can cause several issues. The unit will have to work harder to push air through the dirty filter, leading to high energy bills. Additionally, it can cause the AC to freeze up or overheat. You can easily change the air filters on your own, but our professionals will ensure to check your filters during every maintenance service call.
- Fan Issues: The fans in your AC unit are responsible for circulating air. When they break, it can cause your unit to overheat. Additionally, the fan may start making strange noises or may not turn on at all. This is another repair that should be handled by our professionals.
- Drainage Issues: If your AC unit isn’t draining properly, it can cause water to leak into your home. The drain can be clogged with mold, fungus, dust, and algae. This can lead to extensive damage and should be fixed as soon as possible.
If you notice any of these issues with your AC unit, it’s important to contact a professional right away for AC repairs in Irving, TX. The experts at Aval Air Conditioning & Heating can take care of your AC unit, and prevent future problems. By taking a proactive approach and addressing minor issues immediately, you can avoid more significant and expensive repairs.
Ways To Prevent AC Problems
- Regular Schedule Maintenance: One of the best ways to prevent AC repairs is to schedule regular maintenance. Join our maintenance plan membership for two tune-ups a year in addition to priority service and special discounts. Contact Aval Air Conditioning & Heating to sign up today!
- Change The Filter: As we mentioned before, one of the most common AC repairs is due to a clogged filter. You can avoid this by regularly changing your AC filter. Depending on the weather, you may need to change it more frequently.
- Keep The Area Around The AC Unit Clear: It’s important to keep the area around your AC unit clear. If there are any obstructions, it can cause the unit to overheat. Make sure that there are at least two feet of clearance on all sides of the unit.
- Clean The AC Unit: In addition to changing the filter, you should regularly clean the AC unit. This includes the coils, fins, and exterior. You can use a soft brush to remove any dirt or debris that has built up. Of course, this is included in a professional maintenance appointment.
By following these tips, you can prevent many future AC repairs. These simple steps will save you time and money in the long run. Give us a call today to schedule an appointment for AC repairs in Irving, TX, or to sign up for our maintenance plan!
Contact Us Today For AC Repair In Irving, Fort Worth, Dallas, TX and Surrounding Areas
During an AC repair, a qualified technician will diagnose and fix any issues preventing your air conditioner from functioning correctly. This typically involves:
- Visual inspection of the AC unit.
- Performance testing of the unit to identify issues.
- Opening up the unit to inspect internal components.
- Locating and repairing refrigerant leaks.
- Testing electrical connections and replacing faulty components.
- Cleaning coils or filters if dirty or clogged.
- Testing the unit again to ensure proper functioning after repairs.
- Providing a detailed report of the repairs made and recommendations for ongoing maintenance.
The length of time required for an AC repair can vary depending on the nature and complexity of the issue. Minor repairs may be completed in a matter of hours, while more significant problems could take several days to fix. Additionally, the availability of replacement parts, the skill level of the technician, and other factors can also impact the timeline for the repair. Contact Aval Air Conditioning & Heating today to learn more or to schedule your AC repair in Irving, TX, and the surrounding areas.
AC repair can be expensive for a variety of reasons.
- First, replacement parts can be expensive, mainly if the AC unit is older or requires rare components.
- Additionally, labor costs can add up quickly, especially if the technician needs to spend significant time diagnosing and repairing the problem.
- Finally, some repairs may require specialized tools or equipment, further increasing the repair cost.
One of the most common AC repairs is fixing refrigerant leaks. Over time, the refrigerant lines in an AC unit can develop small leaks, which can cause the system to lose its ability to cool the air effectively. Repairing these leaks typically involves identifying the leak's location, repairing the damaged line, and recharging the refrigerant levels to ensure the system functions properly. Contact Aval Air Conditioning & Heating for professional and reliable AC repair in Irving, TX, and the surrounding areas.
The most common cause of AC leaks is wear and tear on the refrigerant lines. Over time, these lines can become damaged or corroded, causing tiny leaks to develop. Additionally, environmental factors such as exposure to moisture or extreme temperatures can also contribute to the development of leaks in refrigerant lines.
An AC compressor can be damaged or destroyed by a variety of factors, such as
- Overheating due to operating in hot, humid conditions without proper ventilation.
- Electrical issues such as power surges or faulty wiring.
- Low refrigerant levels causing the compressor to work harder than necessary.
- Clogged filters or coils leading to improper airflow and increased strain on the compressor.
- Improper maintenance and neglect of the unit lead to dirt and debris buildup and eventual compressor failure.